Clarke Towson CEO INTJ discusses financing independent international travel by investing in Bitcoin, waiting for it to go up and then spending small amounts of that bitcoin each month in the developing world using a bitcoin bitcoin debit card.
The solution to living the perpetual traveler lifestyle using Bitcoin:
1. Buy as much bitcoin as you can afford but not more than you can afford to lose.
2. Get yourself a bitcoin debit card.
3. If you have 2.5 bitcoins like I do wait for Bitcoin to increase to a 619 billion market cap and for your bitcoin to be worth $100,000 so you have some runway. Remember time is money and money buys you time.
4. Wait for the Maestro cash withdraw functionality to be enabled for you to withdraw cash from your bitcoin debit card from ATM's in the developing world. Make sure this functionality is available before you take off. If it's not available you will have to use a standard bank issued debit card and transfer your bitcoin from your coinjar account into your linked bank account. You should be able to do this now.
5. Take annual leave or a leave of absence from your job and take flight.
6. Arrive in the developing world destination of your choice.
7. Transfer bitcoin from your computer bitcoin wallet to your coinjar account and from there onto your bitcoin debit card.
8. Start withdrawing cash from your bitcoin debit card – enough for you to live month to month whilst letting the bulk of your bitcoin grow.
9. Rejoice in your escape from cubicle nation – otherwise known as office space and give yourself a pat on the back for leading the way on this whilst everyone else is asleep or trying to understand exactly what's going on!
10. Send in your letter of resignation.
Recommended viewing for anyone interested in getting out of the rat race and living life on their terms